Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Knidiot

Um, yah , so , uh.... remember the part where I said I followed the pattern to a "t"? Remember when I went on and on about gauge lying?

Well.... Turns out not so much to a "t". More like following the pattern to an "f" (which is what a teacher would grade me if I was marked on these kinds of things, which thankfully, I am not). The liar was not gauge, but Yours Truly when I convinced myself that I have the ability to follow a pattern properly.

Sorry gauge for slandering your name all over blogland.

So what happened is that the pattern is written for two thicknesses of yarn: chunky and worsted weight. And I know you probably can see where I'm going here. At a very crucial and early point in the pattern, I stopped following the worsted weight directions and instead followed the chunky weight directions.

I know, I know, I'm a ding-a-ling.

I've riiiiiiiiiiiiiiped back, and am now (hopefully) back on track. But lets not assume anything till the darn thing is successfully pulled over my coconut, ok?

(Maybe I was knitting the hat to fit the size of my brain....)


1 comments:








Margie Oomen

said...

i can't stop giggling after reading this
you have come a long way baby:)